- I melted 3 tablespoons of butter and 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (over a very low heat, to preserve the health benefits of the unrefined coconut oil).
- I turned off the heat but left the pan on the stove and added 1.5 tablespoons honey, 1 tsp vanilla, a pinch of salt, and mixed it well.
- I added 1 cup + 2 T cocoa and whisked it up.
- I poured the glob onto wax paper. (It was already cool enough at this point.) I folded the was paper over and smooshed it around until it was fairly thin.
- I stuck the whole thing in the freezer. It was ready to break or chop into chunks in minutes.
These are not terribly sweet, which I like. I put them some of them in a blueberry coffee cake and had a little more than half a cup left over. Store them in the fridge or freezer, as they'll melt in a kitchen cabinet in the summertime in Kentucky.